Top 5 questions I get when approached at festivals while painting.
1. What kind of paint do you use?
2. Do you know what you are going to paint before you start?
3. Where do you get your inspiration?
4. Do you sell your art?
5. Hey, remember me?
Now I will attempt to answer these questions the best I can.
1. I have been using acrylic paints lately. No particular kind. I like to mix up brands. It’s fun and keeps it interesting. I am not opposed to using oils or anything els. Just haven’t yet.
2. Most of the time I do not know. I don’t draw it out before hand. Unless it is a very specific idea requested by a friend. But when I paint live at festivals I like letting the atmosphere be the influence.
3. Inspiration. Now that’s a bit tricky to explain.
I use to believe I needed to wait to be inspired, until I felt moved to paint.
I have now discovered that just beginning, setting up a environment to paint in, allowing the paint to go wherever it likes. Then begin to see things. Shapes take form.
From all of my past experiences to my immediate surroundings. The sights and sounds create. I merely dance with paint.
4. Yes! I sell my art. You can find many links on my website to prints , shirts and things.
I mostly sell my originals in person. I am open to trades and collaboration.
If there is a piece you really like and have to have it I am sure we can work something out.
I remember you. You are from my dreams.
Forgive me if your name escapes my mind from time to time.
I see it, that spark in your eye I could never forget.
Everything in our lives happens for a reason.